Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Masculine Valentine Cards

I would like to thank all of you who visited my brand new blog...especially those who have left encouraging comments.  I was like a kid in a candy shop after I created my blogspot but like a kid on Christmas morning when I saw that I had comments! 

Now...on to the stamping!  Like many of you I have been stamping Valentine cards for the troops preparing for the January 7th OWH (Operation Write Home) deadline.  So far I have stamped 50 cards and hope to get at least another 50 done before the deadline, if not more.

Here is what I came up with yesterday:


I was inspired by the background paper which was purchased from The Hobby Lobby, a local store here in Michigan.  I am very sorry to say that I only purchased one 12x12 sheet and literally used every piece of it.  I'm seriously thinking of going back to get some more despite the fact that it is way out of my way to do so. 

The card stock is Stampin Up (Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, and Certainly Celery) as is the image (2000 set, not sure of the name.)  The variegation on the NQN was created by dragging a white craft stamp pad down the front of the card before adding the layers.  The circle and scallop were cut out using my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestabilities.

Many of the cards I have made for Valentine's Day do not specifically say "Happy Valentine's Day" because I don't want their usefulness to be limited.  By doing this I am extending the life of this card well past January/February and it can be used for an anniversary. just because, etc. 

Well, I am off to the stamping table!  Hope your day is great.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment