Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Being a Rebel with Operation Write Home - Use Something Hoarded



Today is National Scrapbooking Day and I am choosing to celebrate it in a very rebellious way...I am making cards for our troops with Operation Write Home "Be A Rebel" Card Making Party.


Challenge #2 - Use Something Hoarded by Carol


For me the most hoarded stamping supply is patterned paper scraps...after all, they looked great on the first bunch of cards and I am certain that I will use them again someday, right?  Ha!  Not unless I make myself...but throw them away and deny myself the opportunity to bring them to life again later?  Never!



Did I jump on the "wrangle your scraps" bandwagon?  No, not exactly.  But I did select this bunch of scraps to get me started.  I used what I could and then forced myself to toss the 'unusable' pieces.  It was tough, let me tell 'ya!  But, I did it.  I made it through the navy blues today.  Tomorrow I will pick another color, at least that is the plan!


The stripes are all scraps from a Stampin' Up! 6 x 6 pack that was discontinued a few years ago.  The sentiment is a digi that I will have to research it's origins (it was also hoarded since this time last year.)


Two challenges done, and the third is mine so I guess that makes three challenges done.  So on to challenge #4!!!




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous male card Lisa, love all the different shades of blue on the card and the sentiment is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'm embarrassed to admit that I also have this same paper pad! LOL You've inspired me to break it out and make some cards with is! I have WAAAY more hoarded things than I originally thought!! I need help :)
    Your card really does look great and I love the sentiment too. You perfectly described my process for using/tossing scraps. It's scary huh? :)

    ReplyDelete