Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

S&S Sketch #46

S&S Sketch #46 turned out to be pretty fun!  I am actually posting this before the next sketch has been issued - a first for me!  I am still working on Valentine cards for OWH and this sketch looked simple enough.  Here is my card:
I am excited about this card because I have finally found a technique for this wonderful image that eliminates the need for coloring....which I dread like a root canal!  The image is from the 2004 Stampin' Up! set named "Toucan of my Love."  The DSP is also from SU.  For the "special effects" I used a white gel pen on the eyes, colored pencil for the ears and blush, and Crystal Effects to highlight the heart.  I also ran the white card base through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder.  

Since this card is for OWH I made several duplicates (12 total) and then realized that they are just a bit too girly to be sent to a boy so I continued on in the same thought process and came up with a boyish version of this Valentine.  I duplicated this too (8 total.)  Here is a picture of it:
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  I love to read your comments and will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. What a great idea to stamp on the colored card stock. You made well for both of girly and boyish version. I like your blog title. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete