Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

S&S Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Shipper's Choice (TOY)

Hello everyone!  This week's S&S Midweek Throwdown is to create a card with the sentiment "Thinking of You."  This sentiment was selected by our three wonderful shippers (Sandy, Kris, and Dixie.)
The card I have put together was inspired by Mojo Monday Sketch #107 that just keeps jumping out at me saying "make me again...make me again!"  And, once again, the sketch came together quickly and I love the result.  By the way, in case you jumped over to see the original post, I did deviate from sketch by dropping off a few of the elements but I wanted to be sure to give credit where credit where credit is due.  So, here is my card for this weeks MWT:


Now that I look at it compared with the sketch (I was truly going by memory from previous use when I made this card) I can see where a ribbon across the middle and/or brads in the upper right hand corner could have added something more. Hind sight is always 20/20.  However, in real life the colors are much more vibrant (Certainly Celery with the Not Quite Navy/Ivory contrast) making the flourishes in the circle the focal point, which I like.

I just remembered...this probably looks way too familar to some of you!  This is the same sketch that I used in a card that was featured in this same challenge a few weeks ago.  Duh.  Oh well, the sketch has been calling and I had to answer, right?

Thanks for stopping by...please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty medallion image and color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The medallion is a beautiful focal point!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The image is so pretty and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I love this card. The colors are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this is so pretty! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete