Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

S & S Midweek Throwdown Challenge - White on White with a POP of Color

I'm about a week late posting this because time just got away from me!  I really have a limited amount of free time and I have chosen to spend it making cards rather than posting to my blog.  You understand how that is, right?

This weeks...oops!  LAST week's S & S Midweek Throwdown Challenge was to make a card that is "white on white with a pop of color."  I have to admit something here.  When I read the challenge I actually snickered a little because this has been a favorite technique for me lately and I had just posted a card to the OWH Facebook page using this technique a few days previously.  Be assured, I know these things are planned several weeks in advance and that it had nothing to do with me but it made me wish that I had waited a few more days to post the picture!  Bummer...I now had to make another card...using my pet technique!  lol  

So, humor me, I am going to post both pics here since they both meet the challenge.  The first is my submission and the second is my original.


The only element that I think anyone would question is the origin of the the sentiment stamp in photo #2.  It was purchased as a single image (I love only paying for what I know I will use for sure) from Verve Stamps.  This has since become my favorite verse, paired with the verse following it which says: "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are the household of faith."  Galatians 6:10.  I really feel that these verses sum up my mission with Operation Write Home and can also be an encouragement to our heroes as a reminder of why they do what they do.

Do you have a favorite verse that reminds you of your purpose in life?  I would love to hear it via the comment section!  I will send a personal reply to each and every one.

Happy Stamping and God Bless!

1 comment: