Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

S & S Midweek Throwdown Challenge - Red, White, Blue, and Kraft

I'm back!  After over a week of the flu I have finally prevailed and am back to post my creation for the S & S Midweek Throwdown posted on February 9, 2011.  This is a color challenge calling for the use of  four colors: red, white, blue, and kraft.  For anyone new to crafting the color "kraft" is best described as paper sack brown.  At first I typed "grocery bag brown" then realized that anyone under the age of 25 probably has never used a paper grocery bag in their life time.  How funny is that to us over  40 ladies?

My card this week not only meets the MWT r/w/b/k but also that particular week's Sketch Challenge #55.  I knew I was too late to post to the MWT but thought I would make it for the SC - sadly not so.  However, not to be daunted I post it now just for posterity!  Here is Sketch #55:




And here is my red, white, blue, and kraft version:





This is the first card I have made with my newly acquired Fiskar star punch - and I really like it!  The bp is from JAS but the card base (white) and kraft card stock is from Stampin' Up.  The kraft piece was actually in my scrap file from a previous project that went in another direction.  Gotta love using up the scraps!  The "Thank you" stamp was a freebie from Verve Stamps included with my first order and I have used it several times.  If you like it I am certain that you can purchase it for a very low rate.

I liked this card so much I have made a total of 12 to include in my 2nd Spring Thaw Challenge box that will go postal by February 25 (the deadline is Feb 28th but I try to allow for shipping time.)

I am very encouraged by your comments and would love to visit your blog as well if you will leave me your address.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ya, love it! Thanks for playing in our color challenge at OWH Lisa!

    ReplyDelete