Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

S & S Midweek Throwdown - Any Hero Cards

The Midweek Throwdown Challenge over at Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog is "Any Hero Cards."  Here is the original wording in the post:
 
Our challenge this week is Any Hero cards! We challenge you to make Any Hero cards for our troops. We are looking forward to seeing your creations! If you are new to OWH you might be wondering what Any Hero cards are -
 
Each of our boxes of blank cards is topped off with a bag of "AnyHero" mail. These are cards and letters from people across America with messages of gratitude and encouragement inside. We call them "AnyHero" letters because they're going to be given out by our contacts to those who get little or no mail.
You can read more about Any Hero cards here."
 
I have had this digital image created by Nikki at Melonheadz Illustrating for several weeks but have just now been inspired to use it.  I colored my soldier bear with Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils then blended it with a SU blender pen.  The card stock and dp are all SU too.      The sentiment is a freebie from Create with TLC
 

 
I want to take a sec and point out that the brads are faux - my first time trying this technique. I simply punched out black card stock with a standard hole punch then adhered them with Glossy Accents and then covered them with Glossy Accents. I am very realieved that I am happy with the results because I love to use black brads but haven't been able to find them without buying them mixed in with several other colors that I really don't need.  A bonus for this technique is that there is no gap between the brad and the card to "catch" and create hassles when packing for shipment.  Cool.
 
Thanks for stopping buy - I love comments so and will be happy to visit your blog if you leave your address for me.
 
Happy stamping and God bless!

11 comments:

  1. Great card and I love those faux brads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lisa and thanks for the wonderful tip on the faux brads. It's totally new to me but they look great and I never seem to have the right colors at the right time so I think i may have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fantastic!!! Love the image, sentiment, and those wonderful faux brads! How very clever.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. faux brads really are wonderful aren't they? I love the lesser postage costs by using them too :)
    This image is really cute too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faux brads--way cool! Never heard of them before. Nice job on the card and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute, I love the sentiment & I'm sorry I missed that one! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a cool card! I never thought to make faux brads! Will be giving this a try soon! Love your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, fantastic card. I love Nikki's bear soldier digi and really really want that sentiment!! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful anyhero card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete