Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Because of You


This is my creation inspired by this week's Sketch Challenge #79 at the Stars and Stamps blog.  For such a straight forward sketch I sure seemed to struggle with it.  I think my problem was trying to force the use of patterned paper  that was just too harsh with this delicate embossing.  I like the look of the ribbon but wish it was wider.  At any rate it has turned out as a unisex design and that's always a good thing. 

It is difficult to tell from this photo but the card stock is Very Vanilla by Stampin' Up! layered with Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip.  The ribbon is also Chocolate Chip.  The sentiment is from a Verve set called Just For You.

Glad you stopped by today...happy stamping!

Challenges:
Stars and Stamps Blog:  Sketch #79

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and elegant looking! Love that embossing folder with this too. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I really adore that embossing folder! Is it a cuttlebug?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!

    By the way - I did get your box! I was packing cards and saw all the disney, then all the others I knew were yours. 7/16 was the date of the latest box, was there another one after that? If so I lost the packing slip. (Not a surprise, it's been nutty here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it came out great, Lisa! I love the delicate embossing. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pertty Lisa... love the embossing. Thanks for sharing ~ Pam "airbornewife"

    ReplyDelete