Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party - PLAY ON WORDS



Welcome fellow OWH card makers!  I am very honored and excited to host this challenge today.  My husband is the King of Puns and after 25 years together I find myself coming up with quite a few puns of my own and I thought it would be fun to see the funny side of our card making community.

To play along with this challenge create a card using a "sentiment" that uses ordinary words in an extraordinary way.  For example, "be" can be changed to "bee" and used with a bee image. Or maybe you can substitute a word with another word that has a completely different meaning when used in another context.  If you don't have any stamps that fit into this category I suggest you check out Paulette's blog - Create With TLC -where you will find tons of FREE digital sentiments (aka Word Art.)  Be sure to leave Paulette some words of gratitude if you find something you can use.



The sentiment was FREE from Create With TLC (of course!) The cow was also FREE from PC Crafter.

There were actually several phrases that I considered using with this image (anything with a reference to "back" or "hips"  or "udder" were all great candidates to me) but I settled on this one because I really didn't want to bring any more attention to the cow's hind quarters (doesn't she have the sweetest eyes?)

So, now it's YOUR turn!  Go get your funny on...and link your creation using the linky tool below.  When you do you will automatically be entered in the contest with OWH for a very special prize. 

Have fun....and go with whatever Play on Words that "mooooves" you!


14 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute...it moooved me to find a play on words sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! This is just darling! What a cute image and sentiment too. SO CUTE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge! I love your cards and I already have tons of possible sentiments going through my head. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - I am double dipping, but since I made 7 of them, I don't think it is cheating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Love the cow card! Thanks for sharing! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cow card just mooooved me to tears of laughter!! Great challenge - happy July 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge Lisa! Thanks for being a party host this weekend. I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting...had fun! Great way to spend the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked your challenge. Thank you because I had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card.
    Thanks very much for hosting this challenge. It was a lot of fun. Thanks also for sharing the Create with TLC site. I love their word art/sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea. Wish I had time to play the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally spaced linking up! Thanks for the reminder, LIsa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 25 years with your husband! In your honor, I came up with a love-themed card for your challenge. (Yes, I've been thinking on this all month... ;))

    ReplyDelete