Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hope it's a hoot!

Hi there!  Well, I finally broke out the Stampin' Up! Owl punch and am so glad I did.  I bought this punch several months ago but after I received it I couldn't for the life of me remember why I thought I "needed" it.  So, I headed over to Split Coast Stampers and did some research...and found some inspiration.  Yeah!  If you have never been over there it is well worth the time.  Here is a link to their gallery page.  But WAIT!!!  Please read the rest of my post before you head over there because if you don't you'll never make it back.  LOL


The colors are very fall, which is great for the Operation Write Home schedule right now, and I think the card turned out to be pretty gender neutral and can actually span a pretty broad age spectrum too.  Gotta love that!  The card stock is Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, and Summer Sun.  I ran the RR through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and used my Nesties for the circle and scallop.  The patterned paper is from a stash of paper that was gifted to me by a Facebook friend.

The sentiment is from a Gina K Design set called Owl Always Love You which I have had for a few years but never use because I would have to color it (don't roll your eyes, I'm trying to get over my coloring phobia, I really am!)

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'd love if you would leave me some love below :)

Challenges:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: Use any creature, great or small
Blogger's Challenge:  Embossing

10 comments:

  1. this is darlin, such a cute owl. I didn't get that punch but it is adorable.....hope your week is grand!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, that punch is adorable too!! It is one I was able to pass up, but it makes the cutest cards!! Thanks for joining in the SSIC challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the owl and your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Awesome paper piecing of this owl, Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters In Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable owl! Love the paper you used! So glad you could join us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and Fun! Thanks for joining the BC Embossing Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute BD card - love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome paper piecing of this owl and the colouring is perfect. I can rely on your information. I would like to read more about it, it is really very much helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too much attractive work you shared with us, The font of birthday is very attractive. I made a bright coloured birthday card using the fabulous two step owl punch.

    ReplyDelete