Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dustin Pike - A Piece of Cake


Hi there!  Today is Day 3 of my "Dustin Pike Week."  This piece of cake is FREE on Dustin Pike's blog and comes either precolored (my fav) or black/white for you Copic lovers out there.  The sentiment is also FREE from Paulette over at Create with TLC blog.  The polka dots are printed on acetate and came in a clearance paper pack from Stampin' Up! It doesn't show up in the photo but the acetate is really cool.


In response to Sherry's question below:  Great question Sherry! Acetate, which is really a thin sheet of clear plastic, has a naturally clingy quality so I didn't see the need to attach it around every edge like I would card stock.  Instead I cut the acetate to the exact size of the card base, attached the image and sentiment, then used my ATG to apply adhesive on the back of the acetate under the image/sentiment then applied it to the card base.  By doing this the acetate is permanently attached but the adhesive is not visible.  I suppose in other applications brads or eyelets would work too.
Happy Stamping!

Challenges:
Cupcake Craftroom: Polka Dots
Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky: Food

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Lisa and again perfect for OWH because it'd perfect for anyone. I'm finding myself drawn to pre-colored images a lot more lately... I have to be in the right "mood" to enjoy coloring and when I am eager to create cards the coloring can feel tedious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this a lot. Dustin Pike has a great sale going for the first 100 peeps. Christmas in July--90 images for $10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really fun image, Lisa, and cute card! How do you attach acetate paper? TFS the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fab! Your colouring is amazing!

    Thx for linking it up to the Cupcake Craftroom polka dot challenge! Hope to see you again for next month!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete