Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

OWH Virtual Cardmaking Party - What Does Freedom Mean to You?


This card is for Carol's challenge over at Our Little Inspirations to make a card that represents FREEDOM to you.  I chose this beautiful eagle clip art that I found online (just by googling eagle images.)  I colored his eye and beak (very lightly) with SU watercolor pencil and then highlighted the eye with Glossy Accents.

The photo is too washed out (sorry) to show the layer of gold card stock behind the eagle but it really does dress up the card - and I just noticed that it makes the card ARMY colors :)

I have covered two challenges with this card because I used this week's Sketch Challenge #76!

Footnote:
I am honored and tickled that this card has been chosen to win an embroidered Operation Write Home badge - even if is was by random.org!  And I really am excited that it was for two challenges so this week's Sketch Challenge has been promoted again.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Word, THIS IS FABULOUS!!! I LOVE eagle images and this one is awesome!! I love the subtle coloring and gold accents and you even combined it with the sketch today! You ROCK!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge and here's wishing you a fantastic July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the touch of gold and of course that awesome image. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lisa! I'm so happy your card won!!
    Thanks again for playing along with the freedom challenge!

    ReplyDelete